December 07, 2012

Rambling and several random things...

I feel like I've had such a full and busy week and also like I don't really have a lot to share with you, but lets try, I'm sure there's lots...

Last Saturday, a dear friend of our knitting group at the shop, that have been away for a couple of months, came back for a short day visit. It was great to have her back and I was amazed at how it was as if she had never left. We had a great time talking and sharing and eating... I made a rose cake to bring for her and we all enjoyed it. It was a chocolate cake with Swiss butter cream icing infused in peppermint. I wanted to try the recipe for the butter cream and this was a good way to do it... it was good, but way to buttery. (it actually made me feel sick after eating it, tooooo much fat in it::: not good!)
But, boy, it was pretty!!!


Also, last Friday I cut my hair again:::
 

I'm happy with it and it feels really light! I like that...

For the rest of the things I don't have any pictures.... I haven't been carrying my camera this week with me.

I took a class of knitted socks using 2 circular needles. So far I've stayed away from making socks mainly because of the use of double points that I don't like (they make my hands hurt) but I wanted to try socks... I'll take a picture and talk more about them later... The teacher was my new friend Karen, she's the one that we spent Thanksgiving with!
Also, last Tuesday, Karen invited me to a Bell Concert in which she was performing...
Have you ever been to a Bell Concert???
It was amazing, let me tell you... there was like 14 people with about 50 bells... they have around 40-50 techniques to make those bells sound and it was like hearing an angels choir!!!!
It was my first time hearing something like that but I loved it! I want to buy a CD of it.

This week was full with classes, crochet classes taught... I had classes on Tuesday and Wednesday nights... And yesterday I had an early class at the shop and I was there to open at 10am, class from 10-12, then stayed all day there, Tunisian crocheting a top I'm making and helping with some shop duties... and then class again from 5-7pm and closed the shop. It felt like a very long day.

Today I wanted to make some jewelry before going to the shop but outside is really foggy and there's not a lot of sun light... My artificial light inside the house is not very good so I won't be making jewelry, there is not enough light... so I'll watch a movie and crochet a new scarf with a Lustra yarn that I have and been meaning to use... and then go to the shop after lunch...
And we have another convert tonight!!! Carrie Newcomer... have you listened to her??

See you soon!
S.

4 comments:

  1. That is some cake.. sorry the frosting made you feel ill. I've been tempted to cut my hair short, too.. but I'm scared to do it. Well, I have a tree to decorate..
    ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉
    *M*E*R*R*Y* *C*H*R*I*S*T*M*A*S*!*
    ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been very busy! Love your haircut, it looks so sweet and carefree. That cake was so beautiful, you did a great job. Your friend must have been so delighted and felt so special. Hope you get some time to relax this weekend and enjoy.
    xoRobin❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice haircut, love that style. The cake is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a lovely comment!