July 12, 2012

My first Eva's Shawl...

I've seen this shawl around in Ravelry and blogs and different places and it was finally time to make it. I had a tonal blues skein of Malabrigo sock yarn that looked perfect for it.

And it was...
It's the perfect size for a shawlette that covers just your shoulders and you can use a pin to close it in the front, but it's ok open too. And you can also wear it as a scarf.

I love how it looks and how it turned out and every day I like it better, but honestly I was hoping it would be longer. And to make a lacy, eye catching border... but I ran out of yarn.
I had bought the yarn for something else and the shop was out of that color way, so I had to left it at that lenght and made just a subtle picot edge.

I'm very happy because we put it on display at the shop, next to my colored coat and my trees.
A lot of people had liked it and this past week 5 ladies decided to start one. :o)

I LOVE crochet!!

See you soon!
S.

2 comments:

  1. OK, now I want to make a shawlette! LOL! How do you get the pattern? ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about that!! I forgot to link the pattern, I just did at the beginning of the post, on the Ravelry word. It's a free pattern from Rav called Eva's Shawl.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a lovely comment!