July 19, 2012

A sad pie... Strawberry pie....

Aren't those strawberries gorgeous??? We got a huge box, I think it is 4 lbs of strawberries...
So I decided to make a pie... last week, when MG was out, I had more food that what I needed and I a lot of fruit that would have gone bad if I didn't do something (I think that's totally bad written, but I couldn't think in another way to say it). Any way, last week, I made a strawberry pie and took it to the yarn shop. And It was Awesome!!!!
Delicious, sweet, pretty... total strawberry explotion! I took this picture before we finished it... everyone at the shop loved it...
So this week, I thought about doing a strawbery pie for the kids in the lab (not really kids, they are college students, but they happily eat all my baking adventures).
It came out nice and good looking, as last time.
So MG and I tried it before he took it to the lab, and it was AWFUL!!!!!!
Last night, before I made the pie, I had been preparing dinner and part of it included onion and mushrooms.
I washed the cutting board and knife and I made sure to scrub it really good so I could cut the strawberries....
Well, I don't know why but the pie was totally onion-y and horrible...
We agreed that it wasn't good or nice to take it to the lab like that. So we had to get rid of it. It was super sad!!! So no strawberry pie for now...

Here's the recipe I used... I totally recomend it!

See you soon!
S.

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear, sorry you had to waste all that effort and fruit and stuff when the pie didn't turn out. I can't imagine onion-y strawberries. Well, live and learn! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YIKES! Sorry to hear it. The recipe sure looks good though ....

    We thought you and your readers might enjoy the "simple strawberry pie" recipe that's part of the Eat Interesting blogger/recipe contest on the Mission FB page. You can check it out here:
    http://bit.ly/MissionEnterToWin

    Have a great day.
    ---Mission Outreach Team

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a lovely comment!