April 07, 2011

E is for Exquisite Excitement!!!

Do I need to say more?????????????
Yesterday I went downtown to some yarn stores I discovered in my last trip to Mexico, last October. That time, was Saturday and all the stores where packed with people, so crowded that you could barely see the yarns...
The big disadvantage of those stores is that you can't touch and feel the yarns. They are all behind a counter and there are several people there to help you, so if you don't know what you want is a bit difficult. But yesterday, there was no crowd so I could get easily to the counter and ask the vendors for yarns to touch and so.
I was immedialty attracted to this yarn with a lot of lovely and bright colors, so I asked a for skein...
It is 100% mercerized cotton, in a 100g ball. Made in Mexico. The brand is called Sinfonía.
I didn't love that it is sport weight, not even DK... and I've been using worsted for the past 2 years (at least) because of my hands pain... but this colors where so rich and vibrant and they were so many that I have to give in.

I counted 60 colors, and I asked several combinations until I was happy with this one... and I got 18 balls, all in different colors!!! and I paid $2.50 usd per ball!
I'll write the colors in Spanish and I'll try to translate to English... from left to right, and top to bottom:
First row:::
Granate / Maroon
Rosa Mexicano / Hot Pink
Coral / Coral
Mandarina / Tangerine

Second Row:::
Mango/ Mango
Verde Cítrico / Citrus Green
Olivo Intenso / Deep Olive
Verde Hoja /  Leaf Green
Amarillo intenso / Deep Yellow
Third Row:::
Agua Fuerte /Aqua
Azul Nórdico / Nordic Blue
Azul Cienzo / Cienzo Blue
Turquesa / Turquoise
Azul Rey / Royal Blue
Fourth Row:::
Morado Intenso / Deep Purple
Rosa / Pink
Negro / Black
Hueso / Bone

And I also got a set of Rainbow Crochet Hooks!
My mom asked for a set of 6 coasters in different colors, I've made one...
I still don't know what I'll make with them... so many posibilities!!!

Yaaayyyy!!!!!
See you soon!
S.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! That aqua coloured one just below the yellow has my name on it! Rachael Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome stash! Can't wait to see what you make with it all :D

    Much love,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a lovely comment!