November 02, 2010

Salad dressing and Muffins....

But not together!!!!

Yesterday, I was about to tell you about a new salad dressing that I learned to make while in Mexico, and then something happened that I didn't post about it... and then I made muffins, so today I'll have to write about both things... :o)

First... The Salad Dressing ::: a Parsley Dressing...

I had it a my friends house and I fell inlove with it immediatly, I asked for the recipe and try it out yesterday here... it is de-li-ci-ous!!!! MG loved it too! when he got home at night we had mustard chicken and salad for dinner, the salad had the parsley dressing and Oh! yes, we enjoyed it SOOOOO much!!!! MG said that it was a explotion to his senses, which made me really happy...
So here's how to do it.... I took pictures and I'll post them, but you'll have to be forgiven as they are all blurry, I can't figure out why yet, as in the camera screen they look good and then when I transfer them to my laptop, you can see they are not ok, but then the moment has passed....

Anyways, that won´t stop us for a recipe...

You'll need
+ a bunch of fresh parsley (I used half of it) just the leaves
 + 1/4 cup of oil (NOT olive oil)
 + the juice of 5 limes
 + about 2 teaspoons of chicken flavour boullion (powder)
 Put it all in the blender and blend together...
Adjust lime, bullion or oil, to your taste...  And you got it!!! it doesn't invite me a lot by its looks, but really: I LOVE it, it has the sourness of the lime, the parsley flavour, the richness of the oil.... yummy!!!
Let me know if you decide to try it!!!


And now, muffins.... it's nothing new or super... it's just that yesterday night I made my first batch of muffins of my life! it was box made, the ones you just add an egg and milk, but anyways they were delicious, moist, fluffy, golden brown, they way it's supposed to be!! and I'm excited about it, that's all... I wanted to share...
MG said that yesterday was his best dinner in two months!!! (maybe because I'm here already???) he's sweet!!!
Next day, I'll try to bake muffins from scratch!!

See you soon!
S.

2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a lovely comment!