July 09, 2010

Baby Grannies...

I haven't been here in a while... I didn't know what to share with you.
I had a great 4th of July weekend, with a cute parade of kids with decorated boxes (some were using them as a costume, some were pulling and some pushing, but they couldn't use wheels) and a lovely trip to the Farmers Market, but I forgot to bring my camera with me, so I was a bit mad at myself and a bit disapointed that I wasn't going to be able to share those things with you...

I bought a market bag on the Farmers Market, it's knitted... and although I usualy prefer not to buy things crocheted or knitted as I feel like I can make them, I was sold by this one, I am sure it's not thaaat complicated to make, but it's very lacy and I cannot imagine how to do that with knitting, just with crochet. And also, it was a very good deal comparing it to what would be to go and buy the yarn, and look for a pattern and make it...
Here it is...

I love it!!! now, here's a close up of the lacy texture...


Really, I can't imagine how to make that with knitting! but I'm in love with it...

I also had a nice 4th, with a concert downtown, performed by the city band, and then a lot of fireworks!!! no camera again...

I've been working in my Baby Granny Squares Blanket... remember my squares?

I was busy blocking them during the weekend. It was my first time blocking, it was fun and took a lot of time!

MG kept telling me that the blocking board looked like a modern art piece and that we should hang it in the wall. LOL...

So after the blocking.... I think it really improved my squares!!! I hope you can see the difference...!


And then I started to join them, I tried different methods and at the end I finished with a simple sc in the back. Here is a picture of the joining in the beginings...

Right now it's much more big than that (not that much!) it's 8x10 squares, I don't know the measures, but I'll post them another time.

I still don't know what to do with the edging.... And I have to work on more squares... I still have 1+ ball of each color...

See you soon!
S.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a lovely comment!